Latest Womens Health News
The agency mentions these common symptoms of PCOS:
- Irregular menstrual cycle.
- Excess hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This condition, called “hirsutism,” affects up to 70 percent of women with PCOS.
- Acne on the face, chest and upper back.
- Thinning scalp hair.
- Weight gain, or difficulty losing weight.
- Darkened skin, particularly near neck creases, the groin and under the breasts.
- Skin tags in the armpits or on the neck.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
This information is designed for educational purposes only and should not be used in any other manner. This information is not intended to substitute for informed medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified health care provider. A consultation with your health care professional is the proper method to address your health concerns. You are encouraged to consult your health care provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Rapid advances in medicine may cause information contained here to become outdated, invalid or subject to debate. Accuracy cannot be guaranteed.